Tuesday 26 January 2010

Animal Cards

Hi Peeps, I can't believe its been so long from my last post! Its not that I haven't been crafting because I have, I just haven't been posting thats all. To be honest quitting smoking is really taking it out of me, I am totally exhausted and I feel so yucky I'm finding it hard to get myself motivated to do anything! Thought I was supposed to feel great! Well I'm staying positive and I KNOW I'm going to be feeling great any day now......do I sound convincing? lol. During a surge of energy I had, think it was day 23 and lasted about 4 hrs lol, I made a batch of cards to give to a local animal sanctuary so I took some quickie pics to show you, they are all animals and are coloured using different techniques, inks, pencils and markers etc. So here they are:
I have used the same colour combo with these cards, I think More Mustard and Ruby Red look great with the animals, all from the Earth Elements set.
How sweet are these little bunnies?

I've coloured these cats with markers and gone with a different colour combo, Old Olive and Ruby Red. There was also a lot of doodling going on in all these cards, especially faux stitching. I am entering these cards into a few challenges:
Penny Black Saturday~ Something Sweet

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Donna Same here would love a cig, its hard 3 wks today, putting on pounds with crisps and biscuits, sweets just anything I can chew including my nails, Love the cards such cute images and lovely colours. Christine x

Maria Matter said...

Hi Donna!
Just keep telling yourself, "I feel great, I feel great..." You can do it, and soon you will feel great!

These cards are adorable!!! I really like the row of bunnies!!
Making cards for the sanctuary is a great idea, what a blessings that will be!!

take care sweetie!!! HUGS!
blessings, Maria

cats whiskers said...

Oh Hun these are just stunning love them what a cure image and I just love that autumn colour scheme
Hugs Jacqui xx

Fabiola said...

je les trouve toutes super belles

Kath Stewart said...

such a beautiful card donna....love your sweet image...thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC....hugs kath xxxx
and well done on the quitting smoking

liza said...

gorgeous cards donna as always,any workshops sorted yet for the grove?
Check my blog out for my 1st ever candy
love n hugs
liza
xox

Roz said...

What a great stamp, and gorgeous colouring!!

Congratulations on giving up smoking. I gave up just under four years ago, and whenever I felt like having a cigarette I used to say to myself either, "don't be stupid, you've just had one", or "you daft bat, you don't have any, so tough", lol, I know they sound a bit daft, but it worked, along with reading Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking, fab book and really makes you think.
I also used to do the thing I would next do after having a cigarette, so that in my mind, I've already had one... anyhoooo, good luck!!

Love Roz x

Marion said...

Beautiful cards. Such lovely colourways.
Marion

Donna said...

Hi Donna, a beautiful matching set for this weeks challenge at Cupcake...great choice of colours and cute images too...thanks for playing along with us this week :) Donna x

The Crafty Den said...

What a beautiful matching set. The images are so cute and your colour scheme is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x